Monday 20 December 2010

Quick and Easy Christmas place cards!

Today's quick and easy Christmas project comes to us from Anna!

Her idea is for brightening up the Festive Dinner table with place cards.

 I made my place cards from some plain white card. The size I made them was 7.5cm x 6cm but it is a good idea to check that your longest name fits on the card, if not you may need to make it longer or use smaller letters.
This is what you will need to make these: your piece of card cut to size fold in half and inked around the edges with red ink,  a piece of border in patterned paper, about half the size of you place card and cut along to top with decorative edge scissors or a border punch and inked around the edges,  a piece of gold ric rac the length of your card,  and a Christmas shape of some sort cut from patterned paper, I hand cut my own Christmas tree but you could used a punch or die cut to suit. The patterned paper I used was Crate Paper's Snow Day collection as I love the bright colours.
Once to have got the bits ready you can stick it all together, I over lapped my Christmas tree so it stands on the edge of the card and i added a little gold star to the top!
Then you can use any small letters of your choice, I used some by October Afternoon and that's it, how easy was that?!
They will add a lovely personal handmade touch to the Christmas dinner table. You could change the colours to match you dinner table and for a extra special touch you could even make napkin rings with the same card and paper to match!


Thanks for sharing, Anna!

5 comments:

Thanks for your comment, don't forget to upload your Sunday challenge layouts to Inlinkz in the sidebar!