Sunday 8 December 2013

8th December - Stars

Today's challenge is all about Stars! As its the festive season and it's my favourite shape, how many stars can you get in your layout?

See how the design team did!

Anna
I love stars they are my favourite shape so I love adding them to my scrapbook layouts. I thought these stars would good well with this photo of my baby nephew as he's a little star!  

Cari

I love using stars in my projects. It fits any kind of projects: love, friendship, family... And I specialy love this wood stars I think I put at least one in ALL my layouts!



I used papaers from the October Afteroon collection's "woodlans park" and did a lot of fussi cutting with them.

Daphne
For this first December's challenge I dug deeeeep into my scraps basket to find some patterned paper with stars on it! I hadn't been quite sure how to use them so I was quite happy to still have them in my stash for our star-themed challenge.
As I had more than one picture of the highly decorated house I included them behind the first one (see second close-up).




Hilde
My oldest son is working hard to get an A in this "Home Economics" subject at school (sorry, I couldn't find the proper, English word for the subject): a subject where they learn to cook easy meals, bake a little, learn about nutrition etc etc. This photo shows him practising at home with yeast dough, a must for a Norwegian!


I decided to go all out with the star theme, and had plenty of papers and embellies to work with. Since the photos don't have much color, I figured a busy background could work out. The cut off Pocket in the right bottom corner holds my journaling

Chipboards in different colors add depth to the layout.

Jinny
I just love to create pages with stars, but I have to admit that it's been quite some time since I've done so.  Thanks to The Studio, I was able to find a template, stamp, cut file, button, and even dies and papers, that boasted just such, for my take
A gold and navy palette fits our trip to Kauffman Stadium, to cheer on our hometown Kansas City Royals, perfectly...
and lots of trendy bits of flair, strips of Washi, and gold rubons, as well as a wood veneer title from Fancy Pants, round out the design.
Katherine

I love stars, so versatile and the theme went perfectly with this picture of a Christmas decoration my son made last year at school.


Petra
I used scrappy material  from this month's sponsor FabScraps to make my page.
I started by cutting white paper into 11 1/4 x11 1/4  " and placed on top pf the blue patterned paper from FabScraps French Heritage collection. Then I added lots of stars using a stencil from Joggles.
  


Title is cut using the silhouette. 

The chipboard is all from  FabScraps French Heritage collection

Stephanie
I had so many star papers and embellishments, it was hard to decide what to work with! I finally chose a soft blue patterned paper with navy stars on it from the Trend Setter collection by Fancy Pants and some colorful star stickers from the Atlantic collection by Studio Calico.

Once I knew which products I wanted to use, I had to find a matching photo and decide what kind of layout I wanted to make. I pulled out a photo of my husband and immediately thought of using the sentiment "you light up my life". I then found a tag that said "love you to the moon and back" and the rest of the layout came together quite quickly. I was worried the starry background might make the layout too busy but I think the colorful background actually draws the eye toward the simplicity of the photo. I'm happy with the end result!

This month’s sponsor at The Studio Challenges is FabScraps 


FabScraps began in 2005 when Brigitte and Janine created one of the first truly local ranges of paper and matching accessories ever produced in South Africa. FabScraps products are associated with artistic, approachable and fun designs which have a wide appeal to scrapbookers who love all styles from retro to shabby chic!

The winner of December will receive some scrappy goodies from the Burlesque collection ♥

So go check FabScraps out! These are the links:

2 comments:

  1. Just wondering if there is a Mr Linky for this challenge? Or have I missed it somewhere on the page? It's probably obvious LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its there is the side bar now Mandy, sorry for the delay!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment, don't forget to upload your Sunday challenge layouts to Inlinkz in the sidebar!