Sunday 12 October 2014

12th October - Big Photo

Today we want you to create a layout that focuses on the photo. Please use a photo that is bigger than standard 4" x 6" size on your layout, how big can you go?!

Anastasia

For this layout the first decision was, of course, the photo. I thought "which is the first photo that comes to my mind that I really love but I haven't used in a layout yet?". And Lola's photo as a less two months old kitten came to my mind:


HeeSun Kim

A few days ago, I went to a park called "Sky Park". There is only filled with flame grass. I've got peace of mind there. And, I felt the love. I have print large photo of 12 x 12. I think it was a very good choice.



Hilde

These guys are my two sons during a session with two professional photographers at a cruise earlier this fall. When I picked this photo as one of my favs, the photographers though I was crazy - was this something to keep? I knew it would be perfect for telling the story about the session and I love how this layout came out.
I do apologize for the slighty angled image - I need to practise on taking good shots of my layouts :-)




Jinny
I hope that I didn't totally cheat this one.  While I'm more of a small photo scrapper, I really would've loved to do this one justice with a big photo; but with my busy schedule, I just didn't have time to sort through my thousands of photos to pick one that deserved the larger size and have it printed in time.  I did want to get this 5-3/4" x 8" birth announcement for my littlest into his book, though.  So, I went with it, using the palette from the announcement itself as inspiration and pulling in a few of my favorite patterns (i.e. gingham, polka dots, and bitty florals).


Kat
I had a really hard time with this challenge.  I will admit that large photos make me uncomfortable.  I've had this family photo laying around for a while.  I am not too happy with the end result - I guess that means I just need to keep practicing!  :-)

Leslie:

Long ago as a project had scrapear This photo is not wanted me to another job decorating my house, until finally win out and can translate a simple and details idea. A worn photograph with the time it deserves be collected and treasured.



Sindi
This was sooooo hard for me! I am accustomed to using smaller photos for some reason. I'm glad I stuck with it, though. I am tickled pink with the end result. This photo of my little boy deserved to be big anyway. :)  

Tessa
I loved this challenge! I had my photo printed as an 11x14, then I trimmed it down to 11x12 and filled the additional space with tags and die-cuts. Can you believe this started as an iPhone photo?


The design team did a great job again! So now its your turn, what an you do with a big photo? You have until 9th November to enter.
Happy Scrapping!

8 comments:

  1. Such adorable photos and layouts, hope to be joining in with this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. all of the layouts are lovely, I can't believe this was a challenge for you guys cause you made it look so effortless :) Kat-fine job!~ and Jinny-I love that you used the announcement (so outside the box and such a great idea)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kat pues yo encuentro hermosa tu layout! todas están preciosas, intentaré utilizar una foto más grande de lo usual, cariños!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layouts!! Where can I post my layout for this challenge??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here is mine: http://mittscrapperi.blogspot.no/2014/10/sisters.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving everyone's take on this challenge -- I didn't see a current link up -- so here is mine :) http://thetuckerwolekclan.blogspot.com/2014/10/believe-featuring-mme.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where is the October link up? Here is my submission since there isn't a link up:

    http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/199877/view/5186547/-1/0/0.html

    mnfoxx1110@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry ladies, late adding it. I've added it now to the side bar!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment, don't forget to upload your Sunday challenge layouts to Inlinkz in the sidebar!